POSITION: Prevention Expanded Testing Specialist
Cempa Community Care (formerly known as Chattanooga Cares) champions healthy communities through compassionate and responsive delivery of education, health, social and advocacy-related services. While growing and expanding its services and outreach, Cempa is seeking individuals, whose passion for serving and helping others is their primary motivation.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
- Conducts HIV/HCV testing within key outreach locations, primarily Hamilton County Jail to assure rapid screening goals are met.
- Collaborates with the Hamilton County jail staff to coordinate services.
- Maintain accurate logs on all individuals tested.
- Attend mandatory yearly training and performs testing and counseling in the Hamilton County Jail system.
- Experience in: Human Services, Health, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or a closely related field.
- Preferred experience in HIV/AIDS, HCV, and STI prevention/intervention in-services and other resources.
- Must pass criminal background check, regular drug and alcohol screenings.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Non-Exempt – Full-Time — Hourly = $16.50 during training; $17.00 after 90 days
- Benefits after 90 days:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Bereavement Leave
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- FSA medical and dependent care
TO APPLY: send resume, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.