POSITION: Medical Billing Manager
Cempa Community Care (formerly known as Chattanooga Cares) champions healthy communities through compassionate and responsive delivery of education, health, social and advocacy-related services. While growing and expanding its services and outreach, Cempa is seeking individuals, whose passion for serving and helping others is their primary motivation.
RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
• Bill insurance companies for physician services; pursues collection of all claims until payment is made by insurance companies; and performs other work associated with the billing process.
• Prepares and submits physician claims to third-party insurance carriers either electronically or by hard copy billing.
• Secures needed medical documentation required or requested by third party insurances.
• Follows up with third-party insurance carriers on unpaid claims till claims are paid or only self-pay balance remains.
• Processes rejections by either making accounts private and generating a letter of rejection to patient or correcting any billing error and resubmitting claims to third-party insurance carriers.
• Works with physician or medical record staff to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance carriers.
• Detect errors in billing processes and make appropriate corrections.
• Notify patients when claims have not been paid after time frames in established billing policy.
• Keeps updated on all billing and benefit changes for third-party insurance carriers.
• Posts third-party insurance remittance vouchers.
• Monitors claims for missing information and authorization numbers.
• Prepare statements for distribution to clients.
• Collection of client payments.
• Month end close of financial reports.
• Reporting on MIPS Quality measures.
• Completes work within authorized time to assure compliance with departmental standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, Cempa’s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Associates Degree in Medical Billing and Coding or Accounting is preferred or a combination of 2 + years of relevant work experience in the medical billing field
• Experience with clearing house systems and electronic medical records system
• 3+ years of medical billing experience, preferably with Medicaid and Managed Care reimbursement member or in a team lead capacity
• Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding; familiarity with medical terminology.
• Computer experience is essential, must be technically savvy and comfortable using software, including, but not limited to: billing software, MS Office, Insurance Portals, and Electronic Claims Submissions. High aptitude to learn new programs, system integrations, and business processes.
• Preferred experience in HIV/AIDS, HCV, and STI prevention/intervention in-services and other resources.
• Must pass criminal background check, regular drug and alcohol screenings.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Non-Exempt – Full-Time — Starting $52,000 per year
• Benefits after 90 days:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Bereavement Leave
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• Short-Term Disability
• Supplemental Insurance
• FSA medical and dependent care
TO APPLY: send resume, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.